Wednesday, October 8, 2008

vancouver: week 1

So I've officially spent an entire week in Vancouver, BC! The first day was mostly spent sleeping to get over the semi jet-lag. The next night I learned the ways of the Skytrain traveler and have been a wayward wanderer ever since! For me, Vancouver is kind of an accumulation of the numerous cities I've been to. Each street reminds me of somewhere. There are certain corners in the Robson St. area that remind me so much of Ottawa it's amazing. Commercial Drive on the other hand is Montreal for sure, with the little cafes at every corner and the live music as you walk down it at night. On of the most startling things for me coming to the city, is realizing how kind the people of Vancouver are. It's not one in every few. Anyone I've talked to has been absolutley awesome. Helpful as anything and more than willing to point this wanderer in the direction needed.
It's now about 11:40pm here, making it 2:40am at home for me. It's strange talking to friends back in Ontario and realizing that it's actually morning for them. Then I feel bad for keeping them awake! It's strange not being home, but at the same time, its very cool, being able to do as I please in a completely different place... Anyways. I shall now be getting to bed.

No comments: