Saturday, February 7, 2009

Berlin: bike tours!

So. It has been three days since my mighty bicycle trip around Berlin... Or is it four? Oh well. The point is, my ass is still sore. I woke up that morning to the wonderfully annoying sound of my cell phone, which just happened to be all the way across the room. Yay! So, upon picking up the wretched little thing, I was invited on a bike tour of Berlin by a friend, Daniel. Now, who could resist? Now, normally, the answer to that question would have been a resounding 'ME!' due to my incredible ability to be a horrid bike rider. But, in the spirit of being adventurous, I said yes. Challenge number 1: Finding Daniel's house. Luckily for me, I didn't get lost. Challenge number 2: Actually riding the bike. Yipee. So, after a slightly iffy start, we were off, weaving through traffic like maniacs, as I watched my life flash second by second before my wind burned eyes. Okay. Maybe thats exaggerating a little, but the traffic was... Scary to say the least. So. We did all the Berlin-ish things one can do... Ate curry-wurst, drank coffee, vistited design stores with all intentions of buying everything and shipping it home to decorate my non-existant apartment... It was great. And tiring. So after dinner, games and a movie, I made the epic journey home (in the rain)... And got hopelessly lost. At 2 in the morning. It was lovely. Anyways, made it back to the apartment and crashed. A good day by most standards.

So tomorrow morning I am off to Warsaw, Poland... I'm making a two day trip to Krakow and Oswiecimto visit Auschwitz-Birkenau... So that'll be intense. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Biking around Berlin. That sounds like my kind of day. Laurie

Jacqueline said...

I am with Laurie on this one. That would have definitely been my cup of tea. Hope your butt has healed.
Love Mom