Saturday, January 31, 2009

Berlin: heavy metal?

Sooooo... I have officially attended my very first heavy metal concert. And let me tell you, it was an adventure. Daniel called and asked if I'd like to go so of course, I said yes. I think the reason I said yes was to go in Natalia's honour... (I'm bringing you home my ticket stub dahlin'). We met Nico at a bar before hand and then continued to the ''concert hall.'' The line-up for the night? Cannibal Corpse followed by Children of Bodom. So my only question (that I never actually asked) was: isn't a bodom something you make coffee in? Or is that a bodum?? Hehe. Anyways. I was lucky that Daniel and Nico are both fairly big guys, because when Nico decided it would be a good idea for me to get out in the middle of the mosh pit, they were the only things keeping me from being crushed. So, after one round of that, I decided I was head-banged out and retreated to the back. Now, as a fairly well rounded musical person, I can see the intrigue in the music. It wasn't half bad. Once we left the concert hall (I'm not going to go into specifics) we hit a bar, had a beer and then made our way home. All in all, it was a pretty decent night.

As for travel plans... I have now booked my train tickets to Warsaw and back to Berlin. I'll be there from February 8th to the 15th. I am staying with Paul's sister (who speaks English!!) sp that should be fun. Then I'm thinking I'll do some more travel in Germany or to Switzerland. One step at a time...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Warsaw. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Laurie