Saturday, January 3, 2009

Brugge

Hey hey folks. So here I am in Brugge, Belgium. I got in this morning after a night on a ferry across the English Channel. It was fun despite my brief bouts of sea sickness. I suppose I'm not one to be a on a boat for an extended period of time. Anyways, Brugge really is beautiful. The architechture is beautiful and it literally has cobblestone streets. I'm going to see if I can catch the tour of the canals today sometime. Should be awesome.

So my plans have changed a little bit. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'm going to grab a train to Berlin and spend some time with my father so I can really get my feet on the ground. And what brought this on you ask? Well, to tell you the truth, I'm really missing home right now. I guess it's just being by myself for the first time that's doing it. So, I'm going to see how it all plays out and go from there.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow, hope you got a tour of the canals. Thought you might go to Bastille?? Remember the history that took place there that fueled your passion and the catalyst for your trip?? Anyway you write wonderfully and however you choose to spend your time will be an adventure never to be forgotten. Onward oh mighty traveller!!

Corry said...

Hey kid!! What an adventure so far. Do take your time and try to absorb the culture around you. Grab a coffee, watch the human activity, ask questions to everyone and anyone. No doubt there will be times when you are lonely and bored, take that opportunity to go somewhere where there is a lot of human activity. You are a brave woman! Keep the adventure alive, I am enjoying the 'virtual' tour.